• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

GettingJob I GOT THE JOB!

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hey all!
I just got the official word that my background check is cleared and I am officially hired as the office manager of a small medical clinic. I am beyond ecstatic!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Great news, Theresa! Best wishes for success and happiness in your new career!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
We need to have another happy dance. One for passing the exam and another for getting that dream job! Theresa I think you are going to love it. Take a lot of deep breaths. Sure there will be some bumpy moments but you are trained to do this. Remember that! Can't wait to hear some feedback on how it goes. What you share will help a lot of people I am sure.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
THANK YOU ALL!!! Have I told you lately how much I enjoy being a part of this community!!!!
I sure hope I can sleep tonight-I start tomorrow!!!
And I will be more than happy to share with all of you what I learn!
My first tidbit is GO to your local chapter meetings! That is how I got this job!

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Congrats! It is great to hear these success stories!

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
That's awesome news, Theresa! And thanks for the advice about attending local chapter meetings.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
New jobs, new cloths. I always have the hardest time figuring out what to wear on a first day.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I am so with you on that, Alicia! My husband just didn't get it! I haven't worn my work clothes in five years! I was a cyclone in my closet and threw out more than I kept. I found an awesome second hand store to get me through until my first payday! And then I'm going back to that awesome second hand store!

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hey all!
I just got the official word that my background check is cleared and I am officially hired as the office manager of a small medical clinic. I am beyond ecstatic!
Haven't been to the Water Cooler lately so I missed your announcement - Congrats to You Theresa! Wishing you the best of luck in your new position.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thank you, ladies! As you can see, I haven't been online in a spell, either. Just been busy getting acclimated to this going to work thing! Gosh, I had no idea I would love it so much. It feels so good to get up and go to work everyday. My job is about 90% office manager stuff and very little coding. I'm a little bummed about that but on the other hand-what, wait, have I lost my mind! I got a job as an officer manager! Sheeesh! The experience I'll be getting is more than I dreamed of! I do plan to stay as current as possible on coding, but I can tell already it will be a challenge to do so, what with laundry and cooking and cleaning and all!:eek:

Luna, to answer you question, the coding that I do, well, is pretty much already done for me. Not much thought at all is necessary. I just confirm what the doctor enters in the computer, some of which I don't agree with and I am afforded some authority to say so, but for the most part, it's pretty cut and dried.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Theresa, I am curious. Did you ever work as an office manager and are you planning to the CPPM exam?

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hey Carolyn! No, I have not worked as an officer manager prior to this job. That's why I am feeling overly blessed right now! At my job in the county attorney's office, you could probably say I, unofficially, was the office manager as far as running the show but I did not have employees that I was in charge of. I took a quick look into what the CPPM exam involved and that may likely be a path I will take after I get the hang of this new gig!

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hey Carolyn, I took a closer look at the CPPM course syllabus and it is recommended that you have a two years experience in the medical field. I don't know if I'd wait that long, but I'll definitely wait for a bit

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I probably have to look into being a medical office manager even though I do not have the experience. I had two wonderful managers in the past who taught me a lot about managing people.